Here’s the latest News From Battersea Flower Station (Dec 2017)
Hello, Happy Christmas to you – and Happy Birthday – to us! We were 5 years old on December 1st! And we’re only still here because of your continued support, so thank you so very much.
Our birthday celebration is always a quiet one, as it’s always in December (!), and by that time we’ve got 18 layers on, and it’s all a bit Christmas-tree-tastic!
To celebrate our five years, here’s five things you may not know:
1. WE ALWAYS STRIVE TO DO THE RIGHT THING …For example, at Battersea Flower Station we pay the Recommended London Living Wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation.
2. WE DO A LITTLE JIG EVERY TIME YOU HELP US SPREAD THE WORD.. We are independent, completely self funded, and don’t have a PR department (!)… And so we do a little jig every time one of you leaves a lovely review, on Google, on Facebook, on Yell, in an email, in a hand-written note on a card. It means so much to us.
3. WE ARE OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, ALL YEAR ROUND… (slight exaggeration – we close between Christmas and re-open early January, but apart from that, we’re here rain or shine, 7 days a week). We all work outside, all day, all year. It can get a little chilly!
4. WE’RE A SMALL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS … And we aim to excel and exceed your expectations. If you like what we do, please spread the word. If you think we can improve do please talk to us.
5. WE LOVE LOCAL…. All of our team live locally. And we love our neighbours. We have lovely neighbours. There are some great places on Battersea Park Road… to name just a few… The Door Shop, Park Road Kitchen, Flour To the People, New Vintage… Battersea Rocks!
Thank you for your continued support, and we wish you a very Happy Christmas.
From All at Battersea Flower Station
– Don’t have your Christmas Tree Yet? We’ll get you sorted, and we deliver too.
– Our hand-made wreaths are made on a smallholding in Northumberland.
– We deliver beautiful hand-tied bouquets across many SW postcodes – you can order online.
– We can help with your event & wedding flowers.
– Free garden and balcony visits, so if you’re struggling to work out what to plant where, we can help
– (though not in December, as we’re a bit busy on the Christmas Tree front!)
– We can collect, beautify, and redeliver your window boxes.
– We offer compost by the scoop, for when you just want a little bit!
– We have a range of houseplants & pots from our (currently bubble-wrapped!) greenhouse.